BEFORE you begin (or even consider) fighting a fire:
NEVER fight a fire if even one of the following is true:
- The fire is spreading beyond the immediate area in which it started or is already a large fire.
- The fire could block your escape route.
- You are unsure of the proper operation of the extinguisher.
- You doubt that the extinguisher you are holding is designed for the type of fire at hand or is
- large enough to fight the fire.
Find answers here for your fire safety related questions like how do photoelectric smoke detectors work? etc.