Proper maintenance of fire sprinklers is essential for their unhindered functioning. The matter of how often fire sprinklers should be serviced may vary from one state to another depending on relevant regulations. The type of fire sprinkler system you have installed may also affect how often you should have it inspected.
“Should I book a fire sprinkler service near me or can I do it myself?” is another common question many people have. It’s advisable that you leave fire sprinkler servicing to qualified pros. In addition, to meet relevant legal requirements, you also need to have a certificate that you’ve passed inspection.
What you can do is to inform yourself about fire sprinkler system types and activation as much as you can and take all the necessary steps to secure your property and protect your family.
How often should sprinkler systems be serviced?
When it comes to fire sprinkler servicing and maintenance, you need to adhere to NFPA regulations for California, including Orange County and San Diego County. The frequency and scope of maintenance will vary depending on whether you have, for instance, a dry or wet sprinkler system.
Typically, the following components should be serviced and checked on a quarterly basis:
- Valves should be in adequate condition, properly locked and sealed, without any leaks or damage.
- Gauges for both dry and wet systems should be inspected on a monthly basis and they’re included in quarterly checks, as well.
- Water flow alarms should be inspected for damage and proper system connection.
- Hydraulic nameplates should be checked to see if they are attached properly in the case of hydraulic sprinkler systems.
Do sprinkler heads expire?
Fire sprinkler heads are typically highly durable and can last for years. Here’s how often you should have your fire sprinkler heads changed:
- Dry pendant: Every 10 years.
- Extra high: Every 5 years.
- Standard: 50 years after the installation and then every 10 years.
- Quick response: 20 years after the installation and then every 10 years.
However, should you notice that your fire sprinkler heads are somewhat damaged or not functioning properly, you should contact a trusted provider to thoroughly inspect and replace them if needed.
Who are the best fire sprinkler service pros near me?
Red Truck Fire & Safety experts are your trusted providers of fire sprinkler testing and maintenance services, so feel free to contact us for any assistance. We can perform all the required testing and inspection checks to ensure that your fire sprinkler system is properly functioning.
Schedule a maintenance check today!